Home  Angle map !  GOP emulator !  GOP Hiscores Sheet  Calendar  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Tournament of Tea  YT GOP school  TeaTea  

Share | 

A collection of a few more suggestions/ideas.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zelda

RuneScape name(s) : Meh

PostSubject: A collection of a few more suggestions/ideas.   Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:00 pm

This was written and posted on a phone, so forgive me if the post looks terrible.

PS: All of the names that I used on the different usergroups and sections were used to clarify what I meant. These can obviously be named whatever fits the most.

-Revoke guests' rights to see the usergroups, memberlist, threads and so on. Also revoke their right to vote in polls if this hasn't already been done.

Although I realize that there's no sensitive information that needs to be kept safe on these forums, I still think that the people who are too lazy to become a member here shouldn't be awarded with access to all of our content. Make it so that they can only view the "Laws and General Information" section. This will encourage more people to sign up.

-Rename the current "Moderators" group into "Admins".

I assume this usergroup is already being used for people with admin rights since the "Gop Academy" account is added there, so just rename the group and add all of the other admins to it. The members of this group will have access to all of the tools that the forums have to offer. They will have the ability to both administer and moderate the forums. The only few things that they can't do are Gop Academy/Master account-only actions.

-Create a new usergroup called "Moderators".

The members of this group will have the power to moderate the forums by moving, deleting and editing other people's threads and posts. These people will NOT be able to ban other members from the forums, nor do they have ACP access.

-Create a new usergroup called "GOP Teachers".

The members of this usergroup will be professional GOPers who are found fit to train other members in the art of GOP. These people will have no special abilities other than the ability to moderate the "The GOP Knowledge Base" section. Read more about this section later in this post.

-Create a new usergroup called "Current GOP WR Holders".

This group is for members who currently hold a World Record in any of the GOP altars. It doesn't matter if it's a solo, duo, trio, quad or quint WR, all of these count towards being accepted to this usergroup! The people in this group have no special abilities on the forums in comparison to a regular member and their rank only work as a "You're awesome!" from the GOP community.

-Create a new usergroup called "GOP Fanatics".

This group is for all of the active forum members and the people in this group are chosen by the admins. These people have no special powers on the forums whatsoever. Optionally this can replace the current "Members" usergroup, as everyone here most likely are mad after GOP since they even decided to register here! :)

-Colorize all the usergroups and add a simple badge to each one of them.

This is pretty much a cosmetic change which relies on the new usergroups suggested above to be added to become useful. The badges aren't needed, but would've added a nice touch to our forums.

-Enable the quick reply function.

Newcomer Map suggested this in another thread, but I figured it'd look tidier if I collected all the suggestions in one thsead. The function is good for making short and quick replies, and literally takes less than one minute to add via the Admin Panel. Not much else to say really.

-Add a multi-quote button.

This button was suggested by me on another thread as well and I have the same reason as the above one for adding it to this thread. This button comes in handy when you want to quote a lot of different posts at the same time, as it makes this a lot faster and easier.

-Change the list of the members who was connected in the last 37(?!) hours into a list of the members who was logged on in within the last 24 hours.

I have no idea why this was set to "in the last 37 hours" in the first place, but fixing it to "in the last 24 hours" would make a lot more sence and be a lot more useful. This is another fix that takes less than a minute to fix through the Admin Panel.

-Allow all members to use/display signatures.

Currently it's not possible to use signatures, at least not for me (I haven't seen any other members with signatures either). This should be fixed as signatures are very handy and fun to have. Yet another one minute fix.

-Add the "Humor:" field to the profile page.

I don't really care about this, but since I noticed that it wasn't added I figured it might as well be added. ~1 minute fix.

-Make an "Official GOP World Records" thread in the "Achievements" section and sticky it.

Since the World Records of GOP are only briefly mentioned within the "Gop Academy Fund" thread, I figured they deserved their own official thread. This thread will be the place for discussion about old records and new claims. Add the names of all the record holders and the dates which they set their records on there as well, if possible. Although most GOP games take place in F2P I think that the WRs for the P2P altars (Chaos & Nature) shold be added as well. Afterall it takes a lot of effort to even play these altars as it's so time consuming to get to these altars while playing GOP. These WRs deserve the most praise of all WRs in my opinion (At least in the top four).

-Divide the WRs into three parts: "WRs with green orbs", "WRs with yellow orbs" and "Combined WRs".

This would make playing with green orbs a lot more rewarding. Green orbs are far too often neglected.

-Make a "Feedback" section and add "Jagex feedback", "Website Feedback", "Compliments" and "Rants" as subsections.

The "Website Feedback" subsection would be a place where you could ask admins or moderators to fix various stuffs, whilst the "Jagex Feedback" subsection would be a place where you could launch various campaigns, or just discuss about what Jagex has done that's good/bad lately. Since it's pretty obvious what the "Rants" and "Compliments" subsections would be used for I won't bother mentioning that.

-Merge the "Gopology", "Gop School" and "Altar Maps" sections into one section called "The School of GOP".

This would look a lot more tidy as it would have kept all the educational threads in one big section.

-Delete the "Art Repository" section.

The "Art Repository" section should be deleted as it currently only overlaps other similar sections. Its threads should be moved elsewhere.

-Make a new section called "The GOP Knowledge Base" and add the "The School of GOP" and "(The) History of GOP" sections as subsections.

Once again, for tidying up.

-Make four new subsubsections in the (future) "School of GOP" subsection named "GOP Courses and Training", "Theoretical GOP Lessons", "GOP Homework" and "GOP Altar Maps and Screenshots".

The puzzle library would be added to the "GOP Homework" subsubsection. Everything else is self-explanatory.

-Move the "Air Altar" and "Mind Altar" threads in the "Altar Maps" section into the "Outdated" section.

These became outdated after Icy finished his angle map and should therefore be moved to "Outdated" section.

-Move the altar screenshots to the future "Altar Maps and Screenshots" subsubsection.

Self-explainatory.

-Sticky the "The Tome of Nostalgia" thread in the "History of GOP" section.

This is an awesome thread that deserves to be stickied.

Thanks for reading =]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satwcomic.com
Timo
Gop Literacy

RuneScape name(s) : Timome, Isamond, Vinterhymn, Anand Wa Neo,

PostSubject: Re: A collection of a few more suggestions/ideas.   Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks for making lots of suggestions. =)

I've made you admin in case you wish to go at some of these yourself.

I must object to some of these points, though.

I want to maintain that this forum will emphasize the good of GOP over itself, and that priorities from its self-interest, such as member count, are aborted. If people wish to draw benefit from this forum completely without making their name or IP address public, they may do so without censorship.

The two-stage functional hierarchy we have at the moment, I think is enough. There are those with complete access to editing the forum (admins), and normal members. To piece this up may be in the interest of playing a political game with the forum, and that's fine, if people wish to do so. =P

As for the usergroups, badges sound cool!

37 is much prettier than 24, and that stays.

I'm always disgruntled when I see in every post a large superfluous section of personal broadcasting that I have to scroll past to read on! Signatures, I suppose I would feel fine about it, as long as their size is kept at a minimum. I don't object more than what people may wish for this feature, however structured in its application; if they do, I would rather see signatures and happy people!

"Gop School" is a thing, it is a fc, and detaching it from that by generalising it into "The School of GOP", may lesser serve to represent the Gop School as a thing. I was also trying to make it so that all Gop School teachers were in a group gathered with fancy badges, but I'm not sure how. =S

Nature Altar and Chaos Altar world records are achievements the lesser of all the altars, because not all can play them and they are less played. To give credit to these altars too much would somewhat install a severence between f2p goppers and p2p goppers, where p2p has greater opportunity for renown than f2p. That is, alas, how Jagex has malbuilt it, though, so wheter it is stressed or not is far from up to me. =P

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Thymonico
Zelda

RuneScape name(s) : Meh

PostSubject: Re: A collection of a few more suggestions/ideas.   Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:03 pm

I was originally going to post a reply to your post like 15 hours ago, but since my 3G crashed right before I had finished writing the reply, I just couldn't be bothered with retyping it right away.

Timo wrote:
I've made you admin in case you wish to go at some of these yourself.
Thanks, I added the multi-quote button and gave everyone the right to use quick-reply and signatures right after I read this post. Oh, and speaking of administrating, should the "Administrator" usergroup remain as a "hidden" group? I personally think it would be better off as a "closed" usergroup instead, as this enables regular members to see the usergroup and hence let them know who to contact when help is needed.

Timo wrote:
I want to maintain that this forum will emphasize the good of GOP over itself, and that priorities from its self-interest, such as member count, are aborted. If people wish to draw benefit from this forum completely without making their name or IP address public, they may do so without censorship.
Alrighty then, I suspected you'd say something like this. It looks like we'll have to agree on disagreeing when it comes to the matter of people not contributing to our community (guests) :P Sadly, as a consequence to this, our guests won't be able to experience and enjoy the lovely North Korea inspired community I had in mind for them :(

Timo wrote:
The two-stage functional hierarchy we have at the moment, I think is enough. There are those with complete access to editing the forum (admins), and normal members. To piece this up may be in the interest of playing a political game with the forum, and that's fine, if people wish to do so. =P
Although I agree that we got all the functional groups covered with the "Administrators", "Moderators" and normal member groups (the latter one isn't really a group though), some cosmetic and informative groups/ranks would be nice to have to freshen up the forums with. Lets see what other people have to say about it.

Timo wrote:
37 is much prettier than 24, and that stays.
Lol, whatever floats your boat. Mind telling me what makes the number "37" so awesome though? O_o

Timo wrote:
I'm always disgruntled when I see in every post a large superfluous section of personal broadcasting that I have to scroll past to read on! Signatures, I suppose I would feel fine about it, as long as their size is kept at a minimum. I don't object more than what people may wish for this feature, however structured in its application; if they do, I would rather see signatures and happy people!
I highly doubt that the members of this site aren't mature enough to handle a simple signature feature without abusing it, so hopefully there won't be any problems =]

Timo wrote:
"Gop School" is a thing, it is a fc, and detaching it from that by generalising it into "The School of GOP", may lesser serve to represent the Gop School as a thing.
Hmm, I'm not sure what the best option is if you guys don't want to put it in the "Clans" section. Will some of the educational threads (lessons) that are currently in other sections be moved to "GOP School"? I think it looks confusing at the time with all the different sections lectures are posted in.

Timo wrote:
Nature Altar and Chaos Altar world records are achievements the lesser of all the altars, because not all can play them and they are less played. To give credit to these altars too much would somewhat install a severence between f2p goppers and p2p goppers, where p2p has greater opportunity for renown than f2p. That is, alas, how Jagex has malbuilt it, though, so wheter it is stressed or not is far from up to me. =P
I think that all GOPers should be respected equally whether they choose to GOP in F2P or P2P. There are a handful of pro P2P GOP players in world 60 every day (at least there used to be), and these people deserve some recognition from the rest of the GOP community. In my opinion getting a high nature altar score is just as impressive as getting a high air altar score.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Albert Einstein wrote:
"Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satwcomic.com
Timo
Gop Literacy

RuneScape name(s) : Timome, Isamond, Vinterhymn, Anand Wa Neo,

PostSubject: Re: A collection of a few more suggestions/ideas.   Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:52 pm

37, vakrere enn mang en tallrekke!

Do keep in mind that most of the 'design' in this forum is not carefully deliberate, and that any input you think might sway for the better of it ought to prevail as good for most minds. Don't be afraid to trespass some political hierarchy, because I don't think there is any. In a sample of cooporation, an important aspect of it is, too, to not disproportionately, even unrealistically, assess one's own competence as anything inferior.

I like to propose that Gop School is an inspired manifistation of this forum and its purpose, and would like to stress its importance with dedicating such a large area for the name. Sure it can probably be introduced in the "Clans" section as well, that's a good idea. =)

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Thymonico
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A collection of a few more suggestions/ideas.   

Back to top Go down

A collection of a few more suggestions/ideas.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gop Academy :: Forum information :: Comments and suggestions-
Jump to: