Home  Angle map !  GOP emulator !  GOP Hiscores Sheet  Calendar  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Tournament of Tea  YT GOP school  TeaTea  

Share | 

G.A. Puzzle #3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zelda

RuneScape name(s) : Meh

PostSubject: G.A. Puzzle #3   Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:43 am

Mind altar

Orb coordinates/locations:
A: [-7, 9]
B: [-15, -6]
C: [5, -15]

Player coordinates/location:
[0, -2], the tile directly south of the middle of the altar.

Goal:
Try finding the fastest method to score all of the (three) orbs. The person with the suggested solution that requires the fewest game ticks wins!

Rewards:
Some glorious GOP knowledge from the puzzle itself and bragging rights for the winner!

GOOD LUCK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satwcomic.com
Zelda

PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #3   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:09 am

Oh right, I almost forgot to ask whether or not it's okay that I made and posted this topic. Not sure if the puzzle-series were supposed to be exclusivly made by admins/very skilled GOPers, if that's the case I apologize and you may delete this topic at any time.

I would also like to say that I'm sorry I wasn't able to add any pictures to illustrate where the orbs are located at (posting on a cellphone), however the coordinates should be a 100% accurate. All orbs are placed in actual spawn locations.

Oh, and one last thing (this might sound silly to you), as I'm by no means a pro at GOP I don't actually know the solution. I made this puzzle hoping that one of you guys could help me out finding it. It still serves as a challenge.

Hope you'll have some fun solving the puzzle, good luck once again and thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
Aimee
Gop Literacy

RuneScape name(s) : Love Affair

PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #3   Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:03 pm

This solution is accredited to the cooperation between Lightgrace and Aimee.

Given situation:
Player[0,-2]
Orb A[-7,9]
Orb B[-15.-6]
Orb C[5,-15]

Step 1: We decided to multiorb B and C, so we want to line those orbs up first.
2w12s(6) + 0(1) + C(1) + 2w6n(3) + 0(1) + C(4)  + 2w4n(2) + 0(1) + B(2) + 2e2n(1) = 22 ticks

Player[-4,-2]
Orb A[-7,9]
Orb B[-12,-6]
Orb C[-2,-10]

Step 2: We now multiorb the lined up orbs B and C and score both, including moving towards north, where orb A is.
0(1) + B(2) + C(2) + B(1) + 1e3n(2) + 0(1) + C(2) + B(3) + C(1) + 2e2n(1) + 0(1) + B(1) = 18 ticks

Player[-1,3]
Orb A[-7,9]
Orb B[scored after 42 ticks]
Orb C[scored after 39 ticks]

Step 3: With orb A remaining north, we decided to repel that one.
5e9n(5) + 0(1) + A(1) + 2w(1) + 0(1) + Rep.A(1) + 2e2s(2) + 0(1) + A(4) + 0(2) + A(1) = 20 ticks

Player[-6,10]
Orb A[scored after 62 ticks]

Total solution = 22 + 18 + 20 = 60 ticks!
Solution:

We have tried to vid our solution, but haven't succeeded yet.
Please help if we made any errors or mistakes!
Thanks Zelda for this entertaining puzzle!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zelda

PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #3   Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Seems like a very good solution, guys! I love how tidy and colorful the post itself is as well!

Anyhow, I've gone through the notations looking for errors, and here are my finds:

Team Aim4Grace wrote:
Step 1: We decided to multiorb B and C, so we want to line those orbs up first. 2w12s(6) + 0(1) + C(1) + 2w6n(3) + 0(1) + C(4) + 2w4n(2) + 0(1) + B(2) + 2e2n(1) = 22 ticks
[s]This is about the tick counting: As far as I can see "2w12" should be fixed to (7), "2w6n" to (4), "2w4n" to (3) and "2e2n" to (2).[/s] Edit:Nevermind, lol.

Team Aim4Grace wrote:
Orb B[-12,-6]
Wouldn't the correct coordinate be [-11, -6]?

Team Aim4Grace wrote:
5e9n(5) + 0(1) + A(1) + 2w(1) + 0(1) + Rep.A(1) + 2e2s(2) + 0(1) + A(4) + 0(2) + A(1)
Although it's obvious that you guys repelled in the last part on A(4) and A(1) I think that it would have been even easier to understand with the "rep." part in front of it (like you guys did on the first repel). Also, may I suggest to everyone that we use "idle(#)" instead of E.G. "0(2)" from now on (not on prototicks)?

Team Aim4Grace wrote:
Orb C[scored after 39 ticks][/i]

Total solution = 22 + 18 + 20=60 ticks
[s]If what I wrote about the number of ticks earlier in this post in correct, these numbers should be changed accordingly.[/s]My bad.

Team Aim4Grace wrote:
Good luck on vidding it, and thanks for the submission! I might post the solution I made for the puzzle yesterday later(62 ticks, but may be wrong). I just need to simulate it in Icy's anglemap first =]

PS: I can't open spoilers on my phone, but I assume it's a screenshot of the solution?

Edit: Sorry, I now realize that the tick counting is correct after going through it again. I need to learn how to count.
Back to top Go down
Aimee
Gop Literacy

PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #3   Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:58 pm

Zelda wrote:
Seems like a very good solution, guys! I love how tidy and colorful the post itself is as well! 

Anyhow, I've gone through the notations looking for errors, and here are my finds:
Step 1: We decided to multiorb B and C, so we want to line those orbs up first. 2w12s(6) + 0(1) + C(1) + 2w6n(3) + 0(1) + C(4) + 2w4n(2) + 0(1) + B(2) + 2e2n(1) = 22 ticks
This is about the tick counting: As far as I can see "2w12" should be fixed to (7), "2w6n" to (4), "2w4n" to (3) and "2e2n" to (2)

Thanks! No, we counted them correctly! Maybe you forgot that if you run diagonally, you cross 2 horizontal + 2 vertical in one tick?
Zelda wrote:
Orb B[-12,-6]
Wouldn't the correct coordinate be [-11, -6]?

No, holding an orb for two ticks starting at [-15,-6] will move it 3 squares horizontally, so to [-12,-6].
Zelda wrote:
5e9n(5) + 0(1) + A(1) + 2w(1) + 0(1) + Rep.A(1) + 2e2s(2) + 0(1) + A(4) + 0(2) + A(1)
Although it's obvious that you guys repelled in the last part on A(4) and A(1) I think that it would have been even easier to understand with the "rep." infront of it. Also, may I suggest to everyone that we use "idle(#)" instead of E.G. "0(2)" from now on?

Hmm I learned to only notate switching between wands with Att. and Rep.. But yes I could make that more clear. 0(1) is usually known as prototick, but it can also be idling for 1 tick. In this case, I was idling + having a prototick so that makes 0(2). I could make that more clear aswell.
Zelda wrote:

Total solution = 22 + 18 + 20=60 ticks
If what I wrote about the number of ticks earlier in this post in correct, these numbers should be changed accordingly.

No, it's probably correct :)

Zelda wrote:
Good luck on vidding it, and thanks for the submission! I might post the solution I made for the puzzle yesterday later(62 ticks, but may be wrong). I just need to simulate it in Icy's anglemap first =]

PS: I can't open spoilers on my phone, but I assume it's a screenshot of the solution?

Thanks, we vidded it succesfully now, will upload tomorrow! Good luck with your puzzle!

PS: No, it was the entire solution in one row :P

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zelda

PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #3   Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:15 pm

@Tick counting: Yea, I realized that it was correct after all, and edited it into my post before you replied, SORRY =P My brain just had a minor shutdown earlier :)

@Orb B movement: Oh cool, I didn't know that. I don't have access to a computer at the moment so I couldn't test it out :(

@Video: Great =]

Anyways, I'll stop spamming this thread now, lol.
Back to top Go down
Zelda

PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #3   Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:11 pm

For someone who's bored: Can you point out all the mistakes I made in this answer? I know there's a few since the total number of ticks is too low. Also, I will just post it in one piece since it takes ages to edit posts on my phone. Sorry x]

1w12s(6)+0(1)+C(1)+2w4n(3)+0(1)+C(4)+3w6n(5)+0(1)+B(2)+4e3n(3)+0(1)+C(5)+B(5)+1e3n(2)+0(1)+B(1)+10w8n(7)+0(1)+A(2)+rep.A(4)

It's hard to double-check the amount of ticks when I'm not able to test it out in-game, but I need to learn how to count better x]
Back to top Go down
Aimee
Gop Literacy

PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #3   Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:40 pm

You have some great ideas there! Repelling orb A from different spot is way faster then we did. Combined with our multiorb idea and an additional sneaky repeltapscore I come to this, faster, solution:

Start situation
P[0,-2]
A[-7,9]
B[-15,-6]
C[5,-15]

Step 1: Lining up orbs B and C.
2w12s(6) + 0(1) + C(1) + 2w6n(3) + 0(1) + C(4) + 2w4n(2) + 0(1) + B(2) = 21 ticks

P[-6,-4]
A[-7,9]
B[-12,-6]
C[-2,-10]

Step 2: Multiorbing and scoring orbs B and C.
4e3n(2) + 0(1) + C(2) + B(3) + C(2) + B(3) + C(1) + 4w1n(2) + 0(1) + Rep.B(1) = 18 ticks

P[-6,0]
A[-7,9]
B[scored]
C[scored]

Step 3: Scoring orb A by repelling it.
5w10n(5) + 0(1) + A(2) + 0(1) + Rep.A(7) = 16 ticks

Total solution: 21 + 18 + 16 ticks = 55 ticks

Orb A scored after 58 ticks.
Orb B scored after 41 ticks.
Orb C scored after 37 ticks.
Player ends at [-11,10]

Sorry am on mobile phone aswell, can't do cool stuff with colors..

This solution is accredited to the cooperation between Zelda, Lightgrace and Aimee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #3   Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:46 am

Do we have to re-vid it :o?
Back to top Go down
Zelda

PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #3   Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:33 am

Those of you who have used Icy's angle map to solve this puzzle should note that the wall where orb B is shown/placed is in the wrong spot. To correct this the entire wall should be moved one square towards west (it will probably be fixed soon though). It hasn't done much harm to the puzzle as far as I can see, but I figured I should probably mention it anyways :]

Edit: The wall has been moved to it's correct position by Icy after this post was written
Back to top Go down
Aimee
Gop Literacy

PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #3   Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:37 am

Oh wow.. I didn't even notice that. :p
As long as the coordinates of orb B remain [-15,-6], it doesn't harm the solution, angle is still possible.
Thanks for pointing this out!

@Lightgrace, if you want to? The sollution we vidded is 5 ticks slower!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aimee
Gop Literacy

PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #3   Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:08 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zelda

PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #3   Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:28 am

I wasn't able to watch it through my YouTube app before now as newly uploaded videos are so slow to be added on it. It just kept displaying that you had 32 instead of 35 videos for hours after it was uploaded...'

Anyhow, the video was wonderful! I love the way you made the notations "come to life" in the first part, and you pretty much nailed it with the live solution. The puzzle looked great in video form and you and Lightgrace did a great job with finding the solution! Thanks for making this video =]

+1

Edit: >_<, my browser moved itself just as I was pressing the "+" button, so I ended up giving Lightgrace a positive vote as well, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G.A. Puzzle #3   

Back to top Go down

G.A. Puzzle #3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gop Academy :: Education and frontiers :: Gopology :: Puzzle Library-
Jump to: